About this cultivar:
Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum 'Pink Glow' is one of the more better, sturdier cultivars. Branching spires of pale pink, almost white tubular flowers above deep green leaves. An excellent plant for adding impact in the garden towards the end of summer. The flowers associate well with prairie style planting and also add height to the back of a sunny or partially shady border.
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Almost any soil, grows well in Ballyrobert
- Flowers: July, August, September
- Other features: Grows well in Ballyrobert
- Hardiness: Fully hardy, grows well in Ballyrobert
- Habit: Clump forming, Columnar or Upright
- Foliage: Deciduous
- Height: 90 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 60 - 90 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Time to full growth: 2 to 5 years
- Plant type: Herbaceous Perennial
- Colour: Green, pink
- Goes well with: --
About this genus:
Veronicastrum is a genus of the plantain family (Plantaginaceae). In some taxonomy systems, Veronicastrum species have been placed within the genus Veronica. The most commonly cultivated species is Veronicastrum virginicum, which is native to the Eastern parts of North America.
These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Graced with distinctive narrow spires of densely arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are easy to grow in adequately moist soil.